One of the last car trips I took out of the city this summer was to the Coney Island boardwalk. I've been lucky enough to have the use of a mini cooper and although I never get to drive it, I like where it has taken me. I never made it out to Coney Island before they shut the rides down and I thought that the rides would take with them some of the character of the boardwalk. But when I got there I was surprised at the diversity...of cultures and I guess also the strange things people still do there. Here are some pics...

Guy runs around in a pit while people shoot at him
Little guy in the background
Freako in the foreground... I think he escaped from the pit

Metal detector guy
Fishing bait...chicken drumsticks from Pathmark
Small fish that eat chicken
Coney Island icons - Wonder Wheel on left... Cyclone on the right...
forgot what the thing in the middle is....

Gambling on top of a garbage bin ... he was telling me no pics... but I no understand

Big fat guy with tricked out bike
Burqas on the beach
No comments:
Post a Comment